james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo-JAMES integration
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:05:29 GMT
David Jencks ha scritto:

> On Jun 29, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>
>> David Jencks ha scritto:
>>> I've been hoping for a Geronimo-JAMES integration since the start of
>>> the Geronimo project.  Two fairly recent developments in JAMES have
>>> now made this a relatively simple task:  the maven build and the
>>> spring integration code.
>>> - the maven build enables painless connection between the build
>>> systems of the two projects, so changes in JAMES get picked up
>>> immediately by the geronimo plugin under development
>>> - the spring integration enables a non-avalon expert to construct and
>>> start a JAMES server
>>> After a couple days work and fixing a few problems in JAMES I now
>>> have a geronimo james plugin that runs a james server inside geronimo.
>>> Instructions:
>>> 1. Apply patches for JAMES-840, 841, and 842 to james trunk.  Get all
>>> the jars needed for the build into the private stage repository
>>> (JAMES-840).  (I realize these instructions are unclear but they are
>>> the best I have at the moment)
>>
>> Hi David, I think I applied the 3 issues above.
>> Can you please check everything is working in geronimo?
>
> I like the idea of using ResourceLoader but I don't think the current
> implementation works properly.  I believe
> AvalonConfigurationFileProvider is assigned the AvalolApplicationContext
> as it's ResourceLoader and never gets to use the JamesResourceLoader.  I
> implemented one solution that works for me in geronimo and attached a
> patch to JAMES-842 (with some more discusssion).  I think it's possible
> that making AvalonConfigurationFileProvider NOT implement
> ResourceLoaderAware and explicitly configuring it's ResourceLoader
> reference might also work and be more flexible, but I haven't tried it
> in geronimo yet.  Let me know if you prefer this approach.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

Hi David,

at a first glance I would prefer the second solution because it does not
tie the "generic" avalon-spring bridge to james logics (filesystembridge
/ resource urls conventions), but I don't have the knowledge to
understand the potential issues of having ResourceLoaderAware components
receiving a different ResourceLoader...

I will review the 2 patches as soon as you upload JAMES-842-2.patch

Stefano