james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [mime4j] Review Packaging
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:23:13 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>> i like the sound of this better
>> Should I create a branch for the "reorganization" so that we can better
>> evaluate the final result?
>
> feel free to grab a branch to demonstrate so long as you delete it
> afterward and we don't merge anything

Here we are:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mime4j/branches/repackaging-proposal/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mime4j/
vs
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mime4j/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/james/mime4j/

I tried to follow Bernd suggestion and limit the use of the util package
reintroducing the decoder package and adding stream and storage package.

I left in the main package only 4 *very core* classes and moved most of
the remaining classes to the parser package.

I checked that the organization in the branch does not have cyclic
dependencies.

What do you think about the result?

I also think that util.InputBuffer belongs to the stream package, but
I'm working on this as another unrelated issue.

Stefano