james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo-JAMES integration
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:43:21 GMT

On Jun 29, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> David Jencks ha scritto:
>> I've been hoping for a Geronimo-JAMES integration since the start
>> of the Geronimo project.  Two fairly recent developments in JAMES
>> have now made this a relatively simple task:  the maven build and
>> the spring integration code.
>> - the maven build enables painless connection between the build
>> systems of the two projects, so changes in JAMES get picked up
>> immediately by the geronimo plugin under development
>> - the spring integration enables a non-avalon expert to construct
>> and start a JAMES server
>> After a couple days work and fixing a few problems in JAMES I now
>> have a geronimo james plugin that runs a james server inside
>> geronimo.
>> Instructions:
>> 1. Apply patches for JAMES-840, 841, and 842 to james trunk.  Get
>> all the jars needed for the build into the private stage repository
>> (JAMES-840).  (I realize these instructions are unclear but they
>> are the best I have at the moment)
>
> Hi David, I think I applied the 3 issues above.
> Can you please check everything is working in geronimo?

I like the idea of using ResourceLoader but I don't think the current
implementation works properly.  I believe
AvalonConfigurationFileProvider is assigned the
AvalolApplicationContext as it's ResourceLoader and never gets to use
the JamesResourceLoader.  I implemented one solution that works for me
in geronimo and attached a patch to JAMES-842 (with some more
discusssion).  I think it's possible that making
AvalonConfigurationFileProvider NOT implement ResourceLoaderAware and
explicitly configuring it's ResourceLoader reference might also work
and be more flexible, but I haven't tried it in geronimo yet.  Let me
know if you prefer this approach.

thanks
david jencks