james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: JAMES Projects on Hudson
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 12:16:30 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On 7/28/08, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:
>> Am Sonntag, den 27.07.2008, 22:20 +0200 schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
>>> Is there any mailing list notification?
>> I not enabled it yet because I wanted to talk about it first on ml.
>> MAybe we should add a new ml for the notifications so we don't flood the
>> dev list ?
> Providing that mail is only sent on failure, I think this list should
> be ok. If we need to reduce traffic all the admin stuff (commits, JIRA
> etc) should be moved together. We've had 600ish messages this month so
> maybe that's worth considering.

Moving "admin stuff" to a separate list could help not loosing important
discussion and procedural threads between svn committs and JIRA updates.

On the other hand we tend to mix discussions in JIRA and the mailing
list so we should agree on the way to deal with it before planning a
switch, IMHO.

If only JIRA could track mailing list messages having its identifiers in
the subject the same way it deals with svn commit I would be happy to
move all discussions out of JIRA, but ATM I think slow discussions about
specific issues are better handled in JIRA because they are better
organized and tracked and they serve as future reference when people
will look at the same issue again in the next years. We have experience
of issues discussed multiple times and open since years.

Maybe we could move svn commits and the notifications to their own list
as a first step while keep JIRAs on server-dev... WDYT?

Stefano