james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject [mime4j] release preparation (packages / MIME4J-51)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:40:38 GMT
About the repackaging (MIME4J-51) I think we almost have an agreement,
so I'd like to push this a little to understand if we can complete this
and avoid reverting this or releasing something in progress.

AFAICT the only pending issue is the "stream" package.

Niklas commented:
> * Rename the stream package io. MimeTokenStream is a stream too. It's
> a bit confusing to me that it isn't in the stream package.

I replied:
> I'm fine with "io" but maybe a better option would be
> streamfilters"/"inputstreams"/"inputfilters"/"filterinputstreams"/"filteris"  so to make
it more descriptive. Opinions?

My current preference is "streamfilter" (more descriptive than "io" but
shorter than "filterinputstreams"), but I'm happy with any name.

If I understand correctly there is consensus about the parser package.
The main concern remain from Bernd: are you happy with the javadoc
solution (overview.html) and the current structure?
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/mime4j-trunk/ws/trunk/target/site/apidocs/index.html

http://people.apache.org/~bago/mime4j/mime4j-51/graph-mime4j-package.gif

Oleg, I hope this summary let you understand what is the current status
of MIME4J-51 and the consensus around it.

I leave to you the decision about releasing without the refactoring
(revert MIME4J-51), release "as is", or see the answers about the
"stream" package and "complete it" before releasing.

If you decide anything and need help with action (e.g: revert the code)
just let me know. If you need help with our "tricky" m2 setup you can
find me in #james channel @freenode (and many IMs network.. ).

Here is a tutorial from Norman describing how we released mime4j 0.3:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/trunk/HOWTO_RELEASE.txt

I just fixed a couple of issues in the generated website (bad refereces
to the apidocs). I saw the "news" page would require some changes but I
don't know what to write. Maybe we can include the release notes text
there once you prepared it.

Here is the current "News and Status" page as built by Hudson:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/mime4j-trunk/ws/trunk/target/site/status.html

You can also see I added  a "Related Projects" menu and linked
"httpmime". Please check it is ok for you and do your changes if you
have preferred land pages.

Stefano