james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [mime4j] release preparation (packages / MIME4J-51)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:10:06 GMT
On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 12:40 +0200, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> About the repackaging (MIME4J-51) I think we almost have an agreement,
> so I'd like to push this a little to understand if we can complete this
> and avoid reverting this or releasing something in progress.
>
> AFAICT the only pending issue is the "stream" package.
>
> Niklas commented:
> > * Rename the stream package io. MimeTokenStream is a stream too. It's
> > a bit confusing to me that it isn't in the stream package.
>
> I replied:
> > I'm fine with "io" but maybe a better option would be
> > streamfilters"/"inputstreams"/"inputfilters"/"filterinputstreams"/"filteris"  so
to make it more descriptive. Opinions?

> My current preference is "streamfilter" (more descriptive than "io" but
> shorter than "filterinputstreams"), but I'm happy with any name.

+1 to renaming 'stream' as 'io'. We may end up having classes that are
related to IO but are not streams. IO sounds generic enough yet
descriptive.

> If I understand correctly there is consensus about the parser package.
> The main concern remain from Bernd: are you happy with the javadoc
> solution (overview.html) and the current structure?
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/mime4j-trunk/ws/trunk/target/site/apidocs/index.html

> http://people.apache.org/~bago/mime4j/mime4j-51/graph-mime4j-package.gif
>
> Oleg, I hope this summary let you understand what is the current status
> of MIME4J-51 and the consensus around it.
>
> I leave to you the decision about releasing without the refactoring
> (revert MIME4J-51), release "as is", or see the answers about the
> "stream" package and "complete it" before releasing.

In the worst case I see no harm in releasing things as they stand and
revisiting MIME4J-51 during the 0.5 development.

> If you decide anything and need help with action (e.g: revert the code)
> just let me know. If you need help with our "tricky" m2 setup you can
> find me in #james channel @freenode (and many IMs network.. ).

Thanks. I appreciate that.

Cheers

Oleg