james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Contribution from an ml post (Was: Problem with Bayesian Analysis)
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 12:22:39 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>> Norman Maurer ha scritto:
>>> Hi Stefano,
>>>
>>> I think a jira issue is the "safest" ;-)
>> I know it's safer, but before writing to him I'd like to understand if
>> in the case he doesn't want to create a JIRA account we have to reject
>> this patch or there is a way to accept it anyway.
>
> JIRA is a convenience not a necessity. AL2.0 covers us ok but it's
> best to be polite and ask. Some public record is a good idea in the
> event of a dispute.
> Robert

That's what I thought. So in this case (we already solved it because he
created a JIRA, and anyway we already had that patch in trunk from
Norman, so there was no need for a contribution at all), I told the user
that he could have contributed his patch if he wanted us to include it
in the next release and he posted the snippet in reply to this message:
this would have been enough as a "public record" for such a small
contribution, right?

Stefano