james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [jSPF] cost of supporting offline builds
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 17:59:07 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> it's better to use a PROPOSAL or a POLL and then moved gradually
> trying to carry the community with me (or at least as many who wanted
> to come along), or just invoked Rules For Revolutionaries and forked

Done. Just wrote a PROPOSAL. How much should I wait before proceeding in
the case no one object? (this thread is 6 days old.. maybe another week
for the PROPOSAL thread is enough?)

>> so I will follow your suggestion and skip the vote now.
>
> it's important to keep talking so that everyone has a chance to
> realise what's happening

No problem, I'm good at this. I'll reply to anyone asking questions. I
still have to find the right balance to avoid both people complaining
because I act without discussing and people comlaining because I act
with too much discussions.

"Getting things done" is hard here, and I have no codebase issues.

I appreciate your help, indeed, even if I don't hide that I'm a lot
skeptic about the whole thing.

Stefano