james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject [postage] refresh
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:34:16 GMT
Hi all,

I checked out postage to revamp the build and make sure it is self
contained and build like every other product we have in the repository.

I locally updated both the ant and the m2 descriptors and updated the
code to build against server trunk (of course this only changes how
postage receive mails and not what server it can test).

I'd like to remove java 1.4 support because it is a bit of a PITA to
support conditional build because of missing JMX support.

We are in 2008 and this is not a library but a tester tool, so I think
requiring java 5 is really ok in this case.

Summary of changes:
1) add a stage folder with every jar needed to build/run the project (so
to not have a JAMES_HOME folder to setup)
2) remove java 1.4 support / conditional build.

Please speak early if you are against this.

Stefano