james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [jsieve] Please review RC1
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:50:39 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>>> i've cut a release candidate for jsieve:
>>>

>>> http://people.apache.org/~rdonkin/james/org/apache/james/apache-jsieve/0.2RC1/
>> great!
>>
>>> please review
>> * the zip containing javadocs is named .jar
>> (apache-jsieve-0.2RC1-javadoc.jar) which is a little bit confusing.
>
> this is a mavenism :-/
>
> anyone know how to fix this?

IMHO this is NOT a bug and should not be fixed. Most IDEs lookup for
javadoc.jar nowadays. This is the "standard" way to publish javadocs for
jars. This is the same of the -sources.jar

At most I would do like we do in mime4j and add javadocs to the binary
distribution, too.
Maybe the issue is that in the src/assemble/bin.xml we have:
     <fileSet>
       <directory>target/site/apidocs</directory>
       <outputDirectory>javadocs</outputDirectory>
     </fileSet>
while the right directory is "target/apidocs".

It's not clear to me why the binary for the mime4j build from Oleg
correctly include the javadoc while this one doesn't as the pom.xml are
identical... Maybe tomorrow I'll find the time to check this, if no one
do this earlier.

>> * the NOTICE file in *src.zip does not reference bnd-0.0.249.jar and junit
>> which are distributed in the zips stage directory
>
> anyone know how to fix this?

The NOTICE.txt in the src folder is the one that you placed in the root
of the svn tree. I guess you only have to add all of the notices to that
file.

Stefano