james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: RemoteDelivery test issue (Was: [PROPOSAL] Separate Protocol Products)
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:41:47 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>> please be aware that the issue with remote delivery test makes it
>>> impossible for me to develop on trunk any longer
>> Robert.. I don't really know what to do with the remote delivery test issue.
>>
>> You know better than me how you prefer to deal with it, so people go ahead
>> and remove the test if this create issues to you.
>>
>> I don't have any magical solution to this. The test randomly fails.. I don't
>> know why and I've been able to reproduce the problem once in hundreds of
>> runs in my machine. If you can give me access to an environment where the
>> issues show up more often I can try investigating on this a bit more...
>
> it fails most times on my machine
>
> maybe i'll try to hook up on irc tommorrow...

I think I solved the "random" issue on testMulti. I committed a fix
today, let's see.

No news from me instead of the serialization issue. I don't plan to do
further work on that one unless there are news, so maybe we should
simply remove the test if this keeps randomly failing on your machine.

Stefano