james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [jsieve][PROPOSAL] Release 0.2
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:03:00 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> this release has been hanging around for quite a while now. norman's
> been really busy so i unless he has some time now or there are other
> volunteers, i'm willing to act as release manager for 0.2.
>
> unless anyone jumps in now, i'll prepare a release candidate in the
> next day or two. this will be the first maven release i've cut using
> the release plugin so any tips would be apprecoated.

+1

I always assisted Norman during similar releases using maven and
fighting maven issues. It's been sometimes funny and sometimes
frustrating, but I learned a lot.

If you plan to use the m2 build then I'll try it asap with test releases
locally to see if I can spot early issues.

If you want some "live" collaboration/debug we can meet on IRC or IM I
would be glad to help.

I'm often in the #james @ FreeNode IRC channel, and I have skype, icq,
msn, aol, gtalk accounts.

Thanks to Norman we also have a mini guide:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/trunk/HOWTO_RELEASE.txt

<silentmode>I have to warn you that everytime we do a release something
changed and there is something new (also because we use some updated
plugins searching for fixes to our workarounds). Don't tell anyone or
Noel will quote this sentence over the world saying that even maven
supporters say they have issues with maven. :-)</silentmode>

Stefano