james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: JAMES Projects on Hudson
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 12:20:26 GMT
Norman Maurer ha scritto:
> Am Sonntag, den 27.07.2008, 22:20 +0200 schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
>> Norman Maurer ha scritto:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I finally received an account for the hudson webui to setup our
>>> projects. The result is here:
>>>
>>> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/James/
>> mi*n*e4j-trunk ? ;-)
>> I'd fix it but I don't have an account yet...
>
> Fat fingers... Fixed it ;-)
>
>>> The projects get builded once a day if nothing change in SVN. Hudson
>>> polls the SVN-Server every 10 minutes for changes, if changes are
>>> detected it rebuild the project. Hope this works for you.
>> That's fine!
>> Is there any mailing list notification?
>
> I not enabled it yet because I wanted to talk about it first on ml.
> MAybe we should add a new ml for the notifications so we don't flood the
> dev list ?

Hudson also supports notifications to the person who did the svn commit
breaking the build.

I never used it, but it simply add notifications to the "svn
name"@apache.org, so it should work for us.

This way notification is sent to the people that is currently working
there and does not pollute mailing list.

Often when I deal with refactorings I make many small commits without
testing locally because I know hudson will check my work in few minutes
and I can work on the next issue while hudson work. This lead to many
success/failure cycles and we could have many public notifications
boring others committer, so the "personal" notifications seems a good
plan...

Unfortunately user notifications are not user-configurable, so either we
enable it for all users committing to a project or we don't.

WDYT?

Stefano