james-server-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [mime4j] what else need to be done (Was: Benchmark of 0.3 vs 0.4)
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 10:16:28 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>> Niklas Therning ha scritto:
>>> Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>>>> Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>>>>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>>>>> what else needs to be done before we can ship?
>>>>> I'm looking here:
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MIME4J?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
>>>>> I see 4 issues open for the 0.4 release:
>>>>> MIME4J-57 Add a max limit to header length for parsing.
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MIME4J-57
>>>>> - this seems critical because it may results in OOM/DoS, but we had this
>>>>> in past too, so could even be moved to 0.5.
>>>>> MIME4J-69 Decoding/encoding is not coherent between headers and body
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MIME4J-69
>>>>> - this probably is too complicate to delay a release and I don't have
>>>>> the evergy to discuss how it should be correctly solved, now. So if no
>>>>> plan to work on it soon, it should be moved to 0.5.
>>>>> MIME4J-51 Remove cyclic dependencies and provide better organization
>>>>> the source tree.
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MIME4J-51
>>>>> - I applied my proposed patch. There are concerns from you and Bernd
>>>>>  1) remove also the util package.
>>>>>  2) add a package documentation with examples and "parser" references.
>>>>> I personally don't care of #1, and if needed I can work on #2 but
>>>>> without examples, simply adding a package.html with one single sentence:
>>>>> "the main classes for the pull and SAX parser are in the parser package."
>>>>> MIME4J-27 [JW#7] Limitations Support
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MIME4J-27
>>>>> - No answers from Jochen to your question in a month. maybe it should
>>>>> moved to 0.5.
>>>>> Once the 4 issues above have been solved (or postponed) we need a
>>>>> release manager.
>>>>> Nothing else I can remember now.
>>>> Stefano,
>>>> None of these issues seems severe enough to block the 0.4 release. I
>>>> would very much appreciate if the 0.4 release could happen rather sooner
>>>> than later. It would be very unfortunate if we had to release HttpClient
>>>> 4.0-beta1 without the HttpMime module.
>>>> Oleg
>>> I agree with Oleg. IMO these issues can be moved to 0.5.
>>> /Niklas
>> Just to make it clear that I agree with you two, too. I simply dumped the
>> JIRA status and told that I had nothing against moving every open issue to
>> 0.5.
> +1

I moved 3 issues to 0.5. Left MIME4J-51 in 0.4 because I think we may 
have consensus really soon on this, but I'd like to repeat that if a 
release manager is found and he wants to release today (unlikely) I can 
take care of reverting MIME4J-51 and move it to 0.5 so he will be ready 
to go.

We all hope that Robert after a first warm-up jSieve release will flood 
us with release votes for mime4j and mailet* :-)


To unsubscribe, e-mail: server-dev-unsubscribe@james.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: server-dev-help@james.apache.org

View raw message