james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] James Mime4j 0.4 release
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:53:33 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Oleg Kalnichevski ha scritto:
>> Please vote on releasing these packages as James Mime4j 0.4. The vote is
>> open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from James PMC members are
>> considered binding. The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes
>> are cast.
>>
>> Packages:
>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4/packages/
>>
>> Release notes:
>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>>
>> SVN tag:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mime4j/tags/apache-mime4j-0.4/

>>  Vote:  James Mime4j 0.4 release
>>  [ ] +1 Release the packages as James Mime4j 0.4.
>>  [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>
> As for the RC there are many packages created by the build system that
> will be deployed on the maven repository if you use the maven deploy
> option.
>
> This include the binary jar, the javadoc.jar and source.jar, the pom and
> the -site.xml file.
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe if we want to publish them
> I think we have to vote about their release, too.

If we choose to release only the src dist file, that would be completely
ok. We don't have to release any binary at all. But if we opt to do
that, than we cannot put up other files for download on Apache
infrastructure other than those we voted for.

If the maven artefacts are important to anyone involved, we should stop
the vote and re-start with all artefacts included.

Otherwise with this very vote, we officially release only what's in
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4/ now.

   Bernd