james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [site] Staging Instructions Update
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:25:48 GMT
Stefano Bagnara ha scritto:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>> i've run into a few problems building and staging the main site as per
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/trunk/HOWTO.txt
>>
>> whenever i run mvn -U -Plocal,parent clean install site:stage
>> -DstagingDirectory=/opt/development/workspace/james-site (for
>> example), maven copies the content into
>> people.apache.org/www/james.apache.org. anyone know how to get the
>> staging to work without moving the checked out source to that
>> location?
>
> I don't see this behaviour. In the stagin directory I only see the
> generated website.
> No changes are done to the generated sources.
>
> BTW I just updated james-project to try myself and I saw that the site
> generation is not working fine anymore... there are skin issues I'm
> investigating.
>
> I'll report ASAP.

Well, I'm noticing a very weird behaviour, probably a critical bug, but
I'm still investigating on it.

The fact is that running mvn install from the project root runs a
reactor build and install every module.

The problem is that this results in a plain wrong
james-project-1.3-SNAPSHOT-site.xml installed in the local repository.
IN fact that site.xml is the one from james-parent and not the one for
james-project. I really don't know how maven can do such a mistake, but
I'm trying to understand.

ATM what solved my issue is to manually build maven-skin and project
modules by running maven from the 2 folders. At this point running maven
from the main folder is no more needed.

I already see another issue about the leftBanner image (not being
overwritten in child modules), and this may be some incompatibility in
some new site plugin.. investigating on this too!

Stefano