james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] James Mime4j 0.4 release
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 19:10:26 GMT
Oleg Kalnichevski ha scritto:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as James Mime4j 0.4. The vote is
> open for the next 72 hours, and only votes from James PMC members are
> considered binding. The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes
> are cast.
>
> Packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4/packages/

I want to add the fact that I'm investigating about the IPR for the
Base64OutputStream I introduced in the codebase some weeks ago.

http://markmail.org/message/g6cqks56o6byu4fx
http://markmail.org/message/fv7njent2jg2whdz
http://markmail.org/message/cgf5ugtwcrr4fwcd

The fact is that the package I used to get the Base64OutputStream has a
NOTICE including:
-------------
Portions of this software were originally based on the following:

- software copyright (c) 2000-2006, Oracle Corp,
<http://www.oracle.com/>. and are licensed to the Apache Software
Foundation under the "Software Grant and Corporate Contribution License
Agreement"
I didn't recognized this when I took the code at first, my bad!

I believe Base64OutputStream was not part of the Oracle contribution,
but it's not clear yet. I hope MyFaces PMC will reply soon about this
and will confirm that we are ok with that.

Not sure if, in case of a negative response, this should be a blocker or
not.

Stefano