james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Server's test failure and CI (Was: JAMES Server Nightly Build Report)
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:34:50 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> The current process is a simple nighly build [that] is good
> for the nighlies, but I think I don't have to explain the
> difference between a real CI environment and a nighly build script.

That is correct.  We have a CI at the ASF.  The nightly wasn't intended to
replace it.  However ...

> The specific issue I was recording in this message was the inability to
> know what exact test failed (we have only summaries for each test class).

The entire build log is posted to the build site.  It seems to me that if
you want more detail, just enhance the build.  The nightly process is just a
shell script that runs the build, generates the e-mail summary, and uploads
the build artifacts with full log.

Is there something you want that can't be done via the above?

> > Ubuntu 7.10.

> JVM used? (IIRC it didn't find the Java 1.4 issues, so I thought it was
> 1.5, but if you tell us the specific version it will be helpful)
> JVM parameters used by ant.

I don't recall if it is Java 5 or 6, and freakishly, I don't have access to
it right now.  I need to fix the SSH connection back through my firewall
when I get home.  Right now it is on autopilot.

> > We've talked about having a JAMES zone for testing.  Of course, you were
> > against it the last time, apparently for the sole reason that I
suggested
> > it.

> I've never been against this. You may have misunderstood me.

LOL Actually, you're right -- I went back and cbecked.  It is always you who
disagrees, but in this case it was BERND!  LOL  OK, I apologize.  :-)

	--- Noel