james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: phoenix-deployment tests status
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 18:12:35 GMT
> Hi all,
>
> I've moved most tests from the phoenix-deployment module to the module
> of the class they was testing.
>
> The only remaining tests are the imap tests.
>
> THe issue with imap tests is that they depends both on
> imapserver-function and torque-mailboxmanager-function.
> torque-mailboxmanager-function could be moved down to a library but it
> depends on mailbox-library so it cannot be a library (for the ant build
> requirement).
>
> mailbox-library should not have dependencies on the rest of james, so it
> could be even named mailbox-api so to be able to rename
> torque-mailboxmanager-function to torque-mailboxmanager-library and have
> the tests moved to imapserver-function (because imapserver-function
> could then depend on torque-mailboxmanager-library).
>
> WDYT?

I have a plan in mind but I had intended to post it as a proposal.

IMAP is now approaching the stage where I think it best to delete the
old implementation, eliminate the small codependecies remaining
outside deployment and move out of server. This would allow a
milestone to be cut before I start into refactoring the data access
etc

I think removing IMAP as a codebase would make JAMES server more
approachable and using a static IMAP implementation would increase the
likelihood of a milestone for the server.

Robert