james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jsieve][PROPOSAL] Release 0.2
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:06:10 GMT
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>
>> this release has been hanging around for quite a while now. norman's
>> been really busy so i unless he has some time now or there are other
>> volunteers, i'm willing to act as release manager for 0.2.
>>
>> unless anyone jumps in now, i'll prepare a release candidate in the
>> next day or two. this will be the first maven release i've cut using
>> the release plugin so any tips would be apprecoated.
>
> +1
>
> I always assisted Norman during similar releases using maven and fighting
> maven issues. It's been sometimes funny and sometimes frustrating, but I
> learned a lot.
>
> If you plan to use the m2 build then I'll try it asap with test releases
> locally to see if I can spot early issues.

i plan to use the m2 build since IIRC i fixed up some issues only for
m2 ATM. once this release is cut, we can upgrade javacc etc and i'll
make the ant work well again. i trialed it yesterday and i'm happy
with the artifacts but please give it a whirl.

> If you want some "live" collaboration/debug we can meet on IRC or IM I would
> be glad to help.
>
> I'm often in the #james @ FreeNode IRC channel, and I have skype, icq, msn,
> aol, gtalk accounts.

IRC sounds good

> Thanks to Norman we also have a mini guide:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/project/trunk/HOWTO_RELEASE.txt

cool

> <silentmode>I have to warn you that everytime we do a release something
> changed and there is something new (also because we use some updated plugins
> searching for fixes to our workarounds). Don't tell anyone or Noel will
> quote this sentence over the world saying that even maven supporters say
> they have issues with maven. :-)</silentmode>

i have a traditionally mistrust of maven releases but i'm happy with
the artifacts and we've worked hard on the build for jsieve so i'm
happy to give it a go

- robert