james-server-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [server.trunk] modules/package refactoring UPDATE
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:00:19 GMT
On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> Stefano Bagnara ha scritto:
>>
>> After I moved tests in the right places (excluding IMAP), I'd like to sort
>> out a better structure for our modules.
>> [...]
>> I don't want to make a proposal for each change because it would take too
>> much time, and I cannot know what to propose until I put my hands on the
>> code.
>>
>> Let me know if you want me to do this and how to proceed (work in trunk,
>> create a branch, work on my disk and put a big zip with the result in a JIRA
>> issue, do nothing).
>
> It's a week since this mail and no answer (well, it's mid-august, maybe
> everyone is on holiday), so I decided to go ahead and simply work in trunk,
> as CTR suggests in this cases. A branch does not seems to be appropriate
> because Robert doesn't like dev-branches, so here is my attempt.
>
> Don't take this as pushing. If anyone think this is wrong we can
> revert/branch or do anything else as soon as someone else will become active
> again. Feel free to revert anything I did if this block you doing anything.

cool

> Here is a status update:
>
> I completed my first step in "repackaging" and "remoduling" server.trunk
> code.
> It is far from being perfect, but at least a first goal is achieved.
> Now no package belong to 2 modules considering -util, -api and -library
> modules.

sounds great

> Here are the current modules and their packages:
> ==============================================================
> mailnotification.util --------> o.a.j.util.mail.*
> common.util ------------------> o.a.j.util
>                                o.a.j.util.io
>                                o.a.j.util.sql
>                                o.a.j.util.stream
> user-api ---------------------> o.a.j.api.user.*
>                                o.a.j.api.vut.*
> domain-api -------------------> o.a.j.api.dnsservice.*
>                                o.a.j.api.domainlist.*
> imap-api ---------------------> o.a.j.api.imap.*
> imap-codec-library -----------> o.a.j.imapserver.codec.*
>                                o.a.j.imap.message.*
>                                o.a.j.imap.command.imap4rev1.*
> user-library -----------------> o.a.j.impl.jamesuser.*
>                                o.a.j.impl.user.*
>                                o.a.j.impl.vut.*
> avalon-spring-bridge-library -> o.a.j.container.spring.*
> avalon-socket-library --------> o.a.j.socket.*
>                                o.a.j.util.watchdog.*
>                                o.a.j.util.connection.*
> mailbox-library --------------> o.a.j.mailboxmanager.*
> core-library -----------------> o.a.j.core
>                                o.a.j.dnsserver
>                                o.a.j.domain
>                                o.a.j.mailrepository.*
>                                o.a.j.management.*
>                                o.a.j.services.*
>                                o.a.j
>                                o.a.j.util.bayesian.*
>                                o.a.j.util.codec.*
>                                o.a.j.util.dbcp.*
>                                o.a.j.util.dnsservice.*
>                                o.a.j.util.scheduler.*
> ==============================================================
>
> The next steps (as soon as I find the cycles) are:
> 1. core-library: split it into multiple modules, repackage content to
>   avoid use of the "generic" packages.
> 2. take care of packages in functions: they must not reuse packages
>   already used by api/util/libraries.
>
> The ant build is working... m2 build have some dependency issues
> (dependencies are declared in a more granular way in m2, so I don't update
> it at each refactoring).
> I did not check yet if the resulting binary distribution is still working.
> Unless someone has hurry to check other things I'll this after the 2 above
> steps (it's likely I missed some xml/xinfo file update during the
> refactoring).

thanks for letting us know what's happening. i'll probably have more
feedback once i've taken a look at the code.

- robert

>
> Stefano
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: server-dev-unsubscribe@james.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: server-dev-help@james.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: server-dev-unsubscribe@james.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: server-dev-help@james.apache.org


Mime
View raw message