james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [jsieve] Refactoring
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:52:59 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> ATM it is almost impossible to make a dependency graph for jsieve because
>> components are too much interconnected and there are too many cycles between
>> packages and classes.
>>
>> E.g: IMHO there is no clean separation between parsing and running scripts.
>> I hope to be able to do some reorganization of the code/packages once you
>> will have refactored it.
>
> take another look now: it's not done but now's probably a good time to
> work out how to complete the work

I updated it (and cleaned junit tests), I'll look better at it later.

In the mean time I write some things that IMHO could be done there:

1) code reformat: use JAMES conventions for this ({ should not be at the
beginning of lines, mainly). reformatting make it more difficult to
track changes, so it is better to do that when big refactorings happen
(as the first or the last change).

2) "samples" are currently in the folder but not used by mvn or ant
build. They depends on james libraries (mainly the javamail-util module)
and on mailet-api library. Maybe jsieve should be a multimodule too and
samples should be the second module.. any other option?

3) I don't like ".junit." in the test package. I'm used to tests in the
same package of the class under test.

WDYT?

Stefano