james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR email archive in action
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:05:12 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> or are you more interested in a more modest library suitable for
> intranet use that simply manages the basic protocol, with the user
> supplying the socket work (using eg servlet) and message processing?

This is pretty much my use case, I just need something that takes an
incoming SMTP connection and gives me the message (plus the envelope)
that was received. I wouldn't mind the library taking care of all the
connection management stuff (setting up a server socket and related
machinery), but I don't need any mail queues, outgoing deliveries,
etc.

The deployment scenario I have in mind is where such an archive server
sits behind a more feature-rich email gateway that handles things like
spam and virus protection before forwarding incoming messages to the
archive server.

BR,

Jukka Zitting