james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Carles Pastor <carlespas...@symmetric.cat>
Subject Re: Question
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:11:12 GMT
Hi.
Jordi (who sent the previous mail about LDAP) and me work togheter.
Our boss has developed a full working Java module to integrate with
LDAP, it's done and working (he had first reviewed all the info that
was on the page), and i think he is asking how to send to the ASF the
code, so it can be reused, modified, hacked and/or reimagined  by
everyone. Send as attach to the mailing list? Send to an admin so he
can add to the repository? Give him access to the SVN?
Thank you very much

El 29/09/2008, a las 10:05, Stefano Bagnara escribió:

> = ha scritto:
>> i would like to publish a module made in java to connect the james
>> server
>> with ldap, to use the ldap database for authenticate users when they
>> try  to
>> connect to the pop3 server or smtp. My question is where i have to
>> go to do
>> this?
>
> You should start with LDAPUserRepository, but there are known issues:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-748
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-749
>
> Here are some past references to that code.
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=LDAPUserRepository
>
> Maybe you can used it as a non working example: it should make your
> work
> easier.
>
> If you fix it any contribution is welcome!
>
> Stefano

Carles Pastor
670923818 / 93 5182403
carlespastor@symmetric.cat