james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [trunk] -=IMAP
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 21:27:52 GMT
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:

<snip>

>> the sandbox allowed me to trial the operation and find out what
>> changes i needed to make in trunk before i could separate the
>> codebases. it also illustrated how this operation could be performed.
>
> I cannot +1  a "-=IMAP" if I don't know what is the result of this.
>
> The sandbox includes user-api and phoenix-deployment. Are they intended to
> be copied in the imap part, too? Otherwise can you update the sandbox to
> show the final modules of your changes or alternatively write a list of
> moved folders and a list of copied folders?
>
> What will be the resulting dependency link between the 2 projects?
> imap jars will be in server stage and they will be imported only from
> deployment? From functions?
>
> I'm not sure I understand if the avalon-socket-library is used by the imap
> modules or not.

i've done another dry. this time i've been able to push to completion.
it's just a proof of concept, reallty rather than a definitive guide.
the IMAP tests will be moved but some more work will be required. not
sure that the deployment lib is the best place. the IMAP stuff would
need to be sorted out etc.

- robert