james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Burtin <bbur...@zimbra.com>
Subject jSieve 0.2 API feedback
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:16:51 GMT
Thanks for releasing jSieve 0.2.  I've been playing around with it for the last couple of weeks.
 I got things working without too much trouble, but did find a few areas that I think could
be improved.  Thought I'd send around this list, in case you guys find it useful when working
on the next version.

1) The ConfigurationManager API currently exposes the Map that's read from the properties
file.  The caller adds extensions by using class names instead of Class objects.  It would
be better to have API's that accept Class<? extends ExecutableTest> and Class<? extends
ExecutableCommand> for better type checking at compile time.

2) Collections in API signatures should be parametrized.  It makes life much easier when I
know the type of the objects stored in a List or Map.

3) MailAdapter.getContent() should return an InputStream or Reader.  Currently it returns
an Object, which the Body test assumes is a String.  This is ok 99.9% of the time, but I don't
want to risk an OOME if I ever have to process a message with a huge body.

Thanks again for the great work on jSieve!

Boris