james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CFP open for ApacheCon Europe 2009
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:34:49 GMT

On Oct 18, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 15:29, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Robert,
>>>
>>> I already submitted two talks ( not JAMES related ), so feel free
>>> to jump in ;-)
>>
>> i will one year but maybe not this year (maybe something on total
>> information management when James runs on jackrabbit and supports
>> XMPP
>> and blog feeds)
>
> Wow. :-) Why not do such a talk anyway? It's one of the most important
> topics of today.
>
>> just asking, really. IIRC it's been a couple of years since anyone
>> did
>> anything.
>
> Danny did regular talks and - with the exception of EU08 - he still
> does.
> http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/speakers/20
>
>> we have some new toys now, and might have more in the new
>> year so IMHO it'd be good for someone to step up.
>
> +1
>
> I plan to submit an integration talk Geronimo/JAMES.

What did you have in mind?  There's been a continual stream of
geronimo-javamail bug fixes.... are you planning to talk about using
geronimo-javamail in james or running james inside geronimo?  I
haven't seen any activity on the latter since I got a geronimo-james
plugin sort of working.  There are a few obvious improvements that
ought to be easy to implement there by someone who knows how james
works a bit but are too hard for me with the time I have available.
-- in memory transport for sending and receiving mail
-- jpa rather than torque
-- in memory ldap integration with apacheds plugin and the new ldap
centric apacheds api

I would really like to see this integration improved and will help as
well as I can from the geronimo end of things.

thanks
david jencks