james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MIME4J - remove parent reference from Body?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:34:02 GMT
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Markus Wiederkehr
<markus.wiederkehr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Markus Wiederkehr <
> markus.wiederkehr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What I have in mind is copying the structure of an e-mail without copying
>> the backing TempFiles. So for example two TempFileBinaryBodys could refer to
>> the same TempFile while maintaining a reference counter. The TempFile should
>> get deleted if both TempFileBinaryBodys are disposed.
>>

> I am 90 percent done with implementing this feature. I would really
> appreciate it if this feature could make it into 0.5. Do you think this is
> still possible?

it's more important to get this design right than to squeeze it into
0.5. IMHO we should look to release 0.5 ASAP, if necessary a branch
can be taken.

i see no release why we shouldn't just cut a prompt 0.6 once message
has been sorted out.

- robert