james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CFP open for ApacheCon Europe 2009
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 09:58:29 GMT
On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Bernd Fondermann
<bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 15:29, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Norman Maurer <norman@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Robert,
>>>
>>> I already submitted two talks ( not JAMES related ), so feel free to jump in
;-)

>> i will one year but maybe not this year (maybe something on total
>> information management when James runs on jackrabbit and supports XMPP
>> and blog feeds)
>
> Wow. :-) Why not do such a talk anyway? It's one of the most important
> topics of today.

it looks unlikely i'll be able to find the time do the work by then.
i'm going to university next year so i had it mind that i might be
able to leave my job early next year and try to spend some time really
pushing these ideas but it looks more likely that it's be spring now.
the last month's been a really difficult one for me. my health's poor
and i'm having to put in a lot of hours ATM (etc etc).

someone should probably think about proposing this one for ApacheConUS 2009 :-)

>> just asking, really. IIRC it's been a couple of years since anyone did
>> anything.
>
> Danny did regular talks and - with the exception of EU08 - he still does.
> http://us.apachecon.com/c/acus2008/speakers/20
>
>> we have some new toys now, and might have more in the new
>> year so IMHO it'd be good for someone to step up.
>
> +1
>
> I plan to submit an integration talk Geronimo/JAMES.

good intergration with web services and service buses is quite close.
might be worthwhile including that by then.

- robert