james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [mailet base] Packaging
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 12:29:50 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> (as can be seen at
> http://james.apache.org/mailet/base/apidocs/index.html) base mailet
> has quite a lot of packages for such a small library. they also seem
> quite messy - and so unlikely to play well with OSGi (for example).
>
> perhaps we should take this opportunity to rationalise into a single package
>
> ATM we have
>  org.apache.james.util.mailet
>  org.apache.mailet
>  org.apache.mailet.dates
>
> i can see an argument for org.apache.mailet.base but there perhaps
> org.apache.mailet should be reserved just for the API. in which case
> org.apache.james.mailet.base might be better.
>
> opinions?

Make sense.

As we already started using "org.apache.mailet" as a top level package
name for mailet stuff maybe org.apache.mailet.base is better.
org.apache.mailet.standard
org.apache.mailet.crypto.

All of that code should work in any mailet container and have no other
dependencies on james products (IIRC).

That said I'm also fine with org.apache.james.mailet.base.

Stefano