james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [mime4j] Java 5?
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 16:00:07 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Markus Wiederkehr
> <markus.wiederkehr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> any particular reason why mime4j needs to be switched?
>> Personally I like APIs where I get a List<Field> instead of a dumb
>> List. But aside from these obvious benefits, no.
>
> yeh - i agree that java 5 APIs are much better

I agree, too.

BTW the only relationship between mime4j jvm requirement and james
requirements are that james will require at least what mime4j requires.
Mime4j is a library and may be used in different environment. IMHO we
would need another poll to mime4j users to understand if they have
problem with 1.5. Another option is to use retrotranslator plugin
(http://mojo.codehaus.org/retrotranslator-maven-plugin/).

Stefano