james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Wiederkehr" <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mime4j] Retrotranslator for Java 5
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:10:55 GMT
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> What pom snippet did you add for retrotranslating and what version of
> the plugin(and retrotranslator itself) are you using?

In my local repository I have retrotranslator 1.2.4 and
retrotranslator-maven-plugin 1.0-alpha-4.

I have tried both goals translate and translate-project with various
configurations. It's no use to post them all here. But here's the
basic configuration without any special parameters:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>retrotranslator-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>process-classes</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>translate</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <filesets>
                <fileset>
                  <directory>
                    ${project.build.outputDirectory}
                  </directory>
                  <includes>
                    <include>**/*.class</include>
                  </includes>
                </fileset>
              </filesets>
              <destdir>
                ${project.build.outputDirectory}-java14
              </destdir>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Add it to your pom.xml after applying my patch from MIME4J-85..

Then run "mvn clean process-classes"..

Now the translated classes should be under target/classes-java14. Now try:

$ file org/apache/james/mime4j/message/Mode.class
org/apache/james/mime4j/message/Mode.class: compiled Java class data,
version 48.0

$ javap org.apache.james.mime4j.message.Mode
Compiled from "Mode.java"
public final class org.apache.james.mime4j.message.Mode extends java.lang.Enum{
    public static final org.apache.james.mime4j.message.Mode STRICT_IGNORE;
    public static final org.apache.james.mime4j.message.Mode STRICT_ERROR;
    public static final org.apache.james.mime4j.message.Mode LENIENT;
    static java.lang.Class class$org$apache$james$mime4j$message$Mode;
    public static org.apache.james.mime4j.message.Mode[] values();
    public static org.apache.james.mime4j.message.Mode
valueOf(java.lang.String);
    static {};
}

Markus