james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Wiederkehr" <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mime4j] improve support for creating and manipulating messages
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:06:53 GMT
On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
> <markus.wiederkehr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately I see no way to eliminate the parent reference in
>> Entity.getMimeType().
>>
>> Maybe someone has an idea?
>
> that depends on whether it's necessary to support dynamic alteration
> of the parent's type to and from multipart/digest (otherwise
> isPartOfDigest could just be injected)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by altering the parent's type.
Changing the type from multipart/digest to some other multipart type
would require to explicitly set the content type message/rfc822 on all
BodyParts. Otherwise the BodyParts' content type would miraculously
change..

As for injecting a boolean.. how would the client know the correct
value if there is no parent to ask?

With my patch for MIME4J-88 I chose to keep the parent reference - for
now. It would be easy to amend the contract of SingleBody#copy to
allow for "return this" if the parent reference ever gets removed.

Markus