james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [mpt] working :-)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 22:24:08 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> mpt (mail protocol tester) now runs basic smoke tests (connecting to
> the IMAP server and testing capability command is basic but it's easy
> to add more later) against both deployments. it's a micro-library but
> i like it :-)

:-)

> i'd like to push on now to tidy up what i've done so far so that other
> people can find it easier to play around with later (hopefully some
> people might). in particular, i'd like to add a subsite at
> http://james.apache.org/mpt

I had no time to look at it, but I'm fine with a subsite as I saw you
already documented some stuff.

> i'm also thinking about following mime4j by switching to java 1.5 but
> by supporting a retroweaver version is anyone wants 1.4

I'd go with 1.5 and ignore 1.4 at all. It's a test tool... no one should
use java 1.4 in production anymore.. if they use 1.4 in their
development environment they don't deserve our attention ;-)

Stefano