james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject DKIM library / mailet
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:12:34 GMT
Hi all,

I hope to find soon the time to work on DKIM for JAMES.
I'll start reviewing Tom Brown code at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-752

1) The code is 2 years old and has no license headers. The author
granted rights for inclusion. Can we commit it (adding license headers)?

2) The issue with the Yahoo patent:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/693/

Here is the result of "legal" submittion:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-22 (My english is not good
enough to understand Ruby/Yandell discussion about "concern" vs "cause
any concerns").

http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html says:
- Q: Does the Yahoo! DomainKeys Patent License Agreement v1.2 raise any
concerns?
- A: No.

I don't care if it raise "concerns" or not, I'd like to know if ASF can
create and redistribute an implementation of the DKIM specification. :-)

3) Where should I commit it? It uses the java.security package, so maybe
crypto mailet? or another top level library (jDKIM) ?

Stefano