james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Wiederkehr" <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mime4j] Time For Multi-Module...?
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:14:32 GMT
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i think that the time's right to convert mime4j into a project with
>> multiple modules with examples, benchmarks and main as the initial
>> modules.
>>
>> opinions?
>
> i think there's a consensus that this is a good idea
>
> but i think that it would be better to focus on resolving the issues
> remaining for 0.6 and switch after the release

Should we open a JIRA for 0.7?

I would like to do one thing in 0.6 in preparation for multiple
modules: the Storage classes reside in package
o.a.j.mime4j.message.storage. But I think that nothing inherently
links a Storage object to a Mime4J message (or Mime4J for that
matter).

So I'd like to change the package to o.a.j.mime4j.storage or maybe
even o.a.james.storage, I'm not such which one is better.

The idea is that the storage stuff should eventually end up in a its
own sub-module.

Markus