james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Markus Wiederkehr" <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject [mime4j] Refactor a few classes / packages?
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2009 23:47:34 GMT
I would like to refactor a few things in Mime4j:

1) I think package o.a.j.mime4j.decoder should be renamed in
o.a.j.mime4j.codec because it also contains a few encoder classes.

2) How about replacing o.a.j.m.field.address.AddressList by
List<Address>? Analogous for DomainList and MailboxList. I think these
classes were useful when Mime4j was a Java 1.4 library; now their
purpose is questionable.

3) I would also like to merge o.a.j.m.util.MessageUtils into MimeUtil.
I don't think we need two utility classes with very similar purposes.

Any objections or suggestions?

Markus