james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mime4j] Refactor a few classes / packages?
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:01:20 GMT
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
<markus.wiederkehr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to refactor a few things in Mime4j:
>
> 1) I think package o.a.j.mime4j.decoder should be renamed in
> o.a.j.mime4j.codec because it also contains a few encoder classes.

+1

> 2) How about replacing o.a.j.m.field.address.AddressList by
> List<Address>? Analogous for DomainList and MailboxList. I think these
> classes were useful when Mime4j was a Java 1.4 library; now their
> purpose is questionable.

i quite like them but the API would be more obvious and simple without
them so i'm

+1

there are some utility methods which are used in protocol work
downstream (eg flatten) but these could easily enough factored out

> 3) I would also like to merge o.a.j.m.util.MessageUtils into MimeUtil.
> I don't think we need two utility classes with very similar purposes.

+1

there was a time when it looked like there may be enough code to
justify the split. it hasn't turned out that way. let's simplify.

- robert