james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: Are there nightly builds for http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:19:26 GMT
Martin.Bergljung wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am upgrading a product that uses an earlier version of Apache James
> IMAP to use the new implementation under
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk
>

> However, when using the libs from the
> james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-SNAPSHOT builds I noticed that the
>
> apache-james-imap-****-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar libs did not correspond to the
> source code under
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk
>
> (I assumed these libs were built from
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk nightly)
>

> For example, the Mailbox class is in the
> org.apache.james.mailboxmanager.mailbox package when using the
> apache-james-imap-mailbox-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar  lib but the source code
> under http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk  has it
> in the org.apache.james.imap.mailbox package.

I found that the nightly build sometimes (often?) leaves moved artifacts
(especially libs) behind. This might be a specialty for the build
server, I never was able to reproduce locally, so...

> Is there any nightly builds for the IMAP protocol layer or should I
> build from the source code. I tried to build from the source but got
> some errors, probably because I did not configure the use of the
> property files correctly or something. Any readme file available for how
> to build the IMAP layer, should I use ant or maven? Sorry for the
> trivial questions.

... yes, I would recommend to build from source locally.

Pls come back to the list when you encounter any problems.

   Bernd