james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin.Bergljung" <Martin.Berglj...@opsera.com>
Subject RE: Need guidance on code
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:40:44 GMT
Hi,

Use the ant build to get the best result. The server built clean for me.
Import ant build script into IDE.
Although I had some troubles with the IMAP protocol build using ant, so
I build via IDEA.

I was able to build the IMAP protocol from IntelliJ IDEA by importing
all src directories and setting up all libs under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/imap/trunk/stage
directory as dependencies.
Add all classes you get from the build into one jar file, then you can
use this with the server if you want to.

Note. The server nightly builds comes with the imap protocol jars,
however I found them sometimes to not be up to date with the source
code. But I have seen recently that they have been updated quite
frequently.

They told me to checkout from the following URL, you will get both the
server and the imap protocol.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/protocols/current

/Martin