james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site] Add James 3.x Site...?
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 09:47:46 GMT
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>> i think it's time to add James 3.x to the website. The website build
>> now works but some more work is needed on the content.
>>
>> i was wondering about the best way to link to this content from
>> http://james.apache.org/server/. probably need to indicate that 3 is
>> unstable, perhaps by using 'Server 3 (Unstable)'
>>
>> opinions?
>
> We could leave just the version numbers as we already are in the
> "Server" menu:
> ---------
> 2.3.1
> 2.3.0
> 2.2.0
> 3.0-dev
> ---------
>
> And IMHO "dev" is slightly better than "unstable".

in the end, i went for 'Development 3.0' since it seemed to read a
little easier (see http://james.apache.org/server/)

i used http://james.apache.org/server/head/index.html for the subsite
(since there were a number of places where 'head' was already used)

i've added a Mailets menu section linking to internal MailetDocs and
external products

i wonder whether
http://james.apache.org/server/head/provided_matchers.html and
http://james.apache.org/server/head/provided_mailets.html could be
usefully consolidated into MailetDocs somehow

opinions and feedback welcomed :-)

- robert