james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Paul P <silentbir...@gmx.net>
Subject Using Postage with JES
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:44:33 GMT
Hi list,

I am trying to use Postage with the JES email server
(http://www.ericdaugherty.com/java/mailserver/). I checked out and built
Postage without problems, then changed the postage.xml to talk to my
server.

I started postage with the "release" scenario:

$ java -cp $CLASSPATH org.apache.james.postage.Main
<path/to/postage.xml> release

, where $CLASSPATH contains all JARs needed by postage.

Upon starting I get the following error:
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at
org.apache.commons.net.DefaultSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultSocketFactory.java:53)
        at
org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:162)
        at
org.apache.james.postage.client.RemoteManagerClient.login(RemoteManagerClient.java:58)
        at
org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.getExistingUsers(PostageRunner.java:455)
        at
org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.setupInternalUserAccounts(PostageRunner.java:384)
        at
org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.execute(PostageRunner.java:118)
        at
org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.run(PostageRunner.java:173)
        at org.apache.james.postage.Main.runScenarios(Main.java:84)
        at org.apache.james.postage.Main.main(Main.java:68)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: failed to login to remote
manager
        at
org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.getExistingUsers(PostageRunner.java:456)
        at
org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.setupInternalUserAccounts(PostageRunner.java:384)
        at
org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.execute(PostageRunner.java:118)
        at
org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.run(PostageRunner.java:173)
        at org.apache.james.postage.Main.runScenarios(Main.java:84)
        at org.apache.james.postage.Main.main(Main.java:68)
Apr 3, 2009 11:12:04 AM org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner stopRecording
INFO: stopping

It's clear that postage is trying to connect to the JAMES' remote
manager. From a posting of Bernd Fondermann,
http://marc.info/?l=james-dev&m=120051440522251&w=2
<http://marc.info/?l=james-dev&m=120051440522251&w=2>, I understood that
postage should to work also with other mail servers, not only with JAMES.

Can you please help me configure postage to work with my email server? I
couldn't find anything like that in the documentation, nor in the
mailing list.

Thank you very much in advance.

Paul P