james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wiederkehr <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howto build trunk?
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:25:21 GMT
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
>> <markus.wiederkehr@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'd like to contribute a patch for JAMES-304 but I'm not sure how to
>>> build the trunk aside from "ant dist"..
>>>
>>> Specifically, how do you work in Eclipse? When I run "ant eclipse" on
>>> the top level I get a lot of circular dependencies when I import the
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> In short: how do I get started?
>>
>> i think that the eclipse stuff hasn't been very well maintained so
>> it's probably better to use maven to generate the eclipse projects
>
> did this work for you?

It's a lot better now, but there are still a few errors. I ran "mvn
package" followed by "mvn eclipse:eclipse" from the top level project
and imported all resulting projects into Eclipse.

The errors all have to do with class
o.a.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfiguration from
avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar. Maybe 4.1.3 is the wrong version. The most
common error is "The constructor DefaultConfiguration(String) is
undefined".

Is Ant or Maven the preferred build system now? BUILDING.txt refers to
Ant but "mvn package" seems to work just fine..

Thanks,
Markus