james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Wiederkehr <markus.wiederk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howto build trunk?
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:36:49 GMT
On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Markus Wiederkehr
<markus.wiederkehr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
>> <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> i think that the eclipse stuff hasn't been very well maintained so
>>> it's probably better to use maven to generate the eclipse projects
>>
>> did this work for you?
>
> It's a lot better now, but there are still a few errors. I ran "mvn
> package" followed by "mvn eclipse:eclipse" from the top level project
> and imported all resulting projects into Eclipse.
>
> The errors all have to do with class
> o.a.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfiguration from
> avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar. Maybe 4.1.3 is the wrong version. The most
> common error is "The constructor DefaultConfiguration(String) is
> undefined".
>
> Is Ant or Maven the preferred build system now? BUILDING.txt refers to
> Ant but "mvn package" seems to work just fine..
>
> Thanks,
> Markus

Update: I had to remove avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar from the build path
because class DefaultConfiguration also exists in
avalon-framework-impl-4.3.1.jar. Now all sub-projects seem to compile.

I'm not sure where the old avalon jar comes from; maybe a transient
dependency from one of the other jars..

Markus