james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Postage with JES
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 09:26:06 GMT
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Paul P <silentbird73@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to use Postage with the JES email server
> (http://www.ericdaugherty.com/java/mailserver/). I checked out and built
> Postage without problems, then changed the postage.xml to talk to my server.
>
> I started postage with the "release" scenario:
>
> $ java -cp $CLASSPATH org.apache.james.postage.Main <path/to/postage.xml>
> release
>
> , where $CLASSPATH contains all JARs needed by postage.
>
> Upon starting I get the following error:
>       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
>       at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>       at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
>       at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
>       at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
>       at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:366)
>       at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:180)
>       at
> org.apache.commons.net.DefaultSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultSocketFactory.java:53)
>       at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:162)
>       at
> org.apache.james.postage.client.RemoteManagerClient.login(RemoteManagerClient.java:58)
>       at
> org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.getExistingUsers(PostageRunner.java:455)
>       at
> org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.setupInternalUserAccounts(PostageRunner.java:384)
>       at
> org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.execute(PostageRunner.java:118)
>       at org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.run(PostageRunner.java:173)
>       at org.apache.james.postage.Main.runScenarios(Main.java:84)
>       at org.apache.james.postage.Main.main(Main.java:68)
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: failed to login to remote
> manager
>       at
> org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.getExistingUsers(PostageRunner.java:456)
>       at
> org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.setupInternalUserAccounts(PostageRunner.java:384)
>       at
> org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.execute(PostageRunner.java:118)
>       at org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner.run(PostageRunner.java:173)
>       at org.apache.james.postage.Main.runScenarios(Main.java:84)
>       at org.apache.james.postage.Main.main(Main.java:68)
> Apr 3, 2009 11:12:04 AM org.apache.james.postage.PostageRunner stopRecording
> INFO: stopping
>
> It's clear that postage is trying to connect to the JAMES' remote manager.
> From a posting of Bernd Fondermann,
> http://marc.info/?l=james-dev&m=120051440522251&w=2
> <http://marc.info/?l=james-dev&m=120051440522251&w=2>, I understood that
> postage should to work also with other mail servers, not only with JAMES.

> [...]

AIUI postage is running a script to add the user accounts it needs to
run the tests. either disable this script (and ensure the users exist
on the server) or create a new script which connects to your
administration service.

BTW postage is still under development so you probably want to work
with the source so you can

- robert