james-server-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] trunk -=phoenix +=spring/OSGi
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 17:02:00 GMT

On May 21, 2009, at 1:10 AM, Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> Robert think there is no consensus on moving away from phoenix towards
> another specific container.
>
> As I don't remember who is against such a move in trunk I'm starting
> this thread.
>
> Is anyone against the removal of phoenix from trunk towards the use
> of a
> spring+OSGi solution (like Felix Karaf, formerly ServiceMix Kernel)?

I'm not an active james user or developer but I think that removing
avalon/phoenix dependencies and moving to osgi-friendly container
agnostic libraries + osgi blueprint service based server configuration
+ a specific karaf based server assembly would be a really good idea.

I hope that the people that didn't want to rely on spring would
reconsider using the blueprint service instead.

thanks
david jencks