james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: Spring Deployment
Date Sun, 10 May 2009 19:14:00 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>> basem zohdy wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>     I'm asking about the Spring deployment for james what is its status, and
>>> how can we help in it.
>> Should be working. If you want to help, please check it out.
>>
>> Please note that the nightly is (probably still) broken because of
>> issues with the build server. Please see here [1] for a fairly recent
>> one which work. It has been build from trunk. If you need a newer one,
>> please ping the list and I'll get to it within 3 days or so.
>>
>> If you encounter any problems, please post to the list, too.
>>
>> Thanks for your interested in Spring-flavored James.
>
> what's next - in development terms?
>
> AIUI the current code is still coupled to pheonix,

The Spring adoption mimicks Phoenix. There is no direct depencency left.
In fact, it's the only dependency that is gone. All deps to the Avalon
libs remain.

The known issues are caused by wrong MANIFESTs in third party libs which
can be corrected or upgraded.

> and this causes
> issues for deployment in more modern containers (eg tomcat).

Not neccessarily. One user reported that he got it running in a J2EE
container. And then there is the adoption to Geronimo.

> is the next step to develop a pure spring assembly?

Mmh. Dunno. But that requires a lot of work.

  Bernd