james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: [spring] Move src/main/config/james to src/main/config/james/conf...?
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 15:18:19 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> the ENTITY definitions in james-config.xml require that the parent
> directory is called conf. i have a patch which moves the contents of
> james into james/conf.
>
> any objections to me committing it?

not an objection, but some reasoning. :-)

I wanted to make maintenance of spring-deployment as easy as possible.
My presumption was that phoenix-deployment was the master deployment.
Every time the phoenix config was changed, someone had to remember the
spring-depl and make the changes accordingly.

To make this alignment job as easy as possible, the config stayed
unchanged (as far as possible) and could be copied over in verbatim.

So, what you propose here is to change that policy. I'm not opposing
this, just pointing out that maintenance would be no longer as straight
forward as it was (if ever ;-) ).

  Bernd