james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin.Bergljung" <Martin.Berglj...@opsera.com>
Subject RE: IMAP Protocol implementation comments
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 11:06:15 GMT
Hi,

The bug is still there I think.

If I telnet the old version of Apache James IMAP that I am using I get the following result
on an EXPUNGE:

* OK JAMES IMAP4rev1 Server 3.0-SNAPSHOT Server 127.0.1.1 ready
a0 login gravitonian xxxxxxxxxx
a0 OK LOGIN completed.
a1 SELECT "INBOX/Company Home/User Homes/gravitonian/test"
* FLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Draft \Flagged \Recent \Seen)
* 2 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 54]
* 28 EXISTS
* OK [UNSEEN 17] Message 17 is the first unseen
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Draft \Flagged \Recent \Seen)]
a1 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed.
a2 EXPUNGE
* 23 EXPUNGE
* 23 EXPUNGE
* 26 EXPUNGE
a2 OK EXPUNGE completed.

If I do the same with the new implementation I see the following:

* OK JAMES IMAP4rev1 Server 3.0-SNAPSHOT Server 192.168.2.3 is ready.
a0 login mbergljung xxxxxxxxx
a0 OK LOGIN completed.
a1 SELECT "INBOX/Company Home/User Homes/mbergljung"
* FLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Draft \Flagged \Seen)
* 7 EXISTS
* 1 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 34]
* OK [UNSEEN 4]
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Draft \Flagged \Recent \Seen)]
* OK [UIDNEXT 8]
a1 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed.
a2 EXPUNGE
a2 OK EXPUNGE completed.

So the expunge response does not look to be complete.

Cheers,
Martin

PS. I have debugged into the new IMAP implementation and it looks like it is receiving the
expunged ids correctly from the mailbox.expunge call.