james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin.Bergljung" <Martin.Berglj...@opsera.com>
Subject RE: MailboxManager API addition
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 10:13:34 GMT
Hi,

I know about this and just overwrites the username in a map. So if the
same user has logged in 3 times there will only be one record.
Also the first logout removes the user from the map.

This has worked quite well in the past.

Cheers,
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Burrell Donkin [mailto:robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 May 2009 11:08
To: James Developers List
Subject: Re: MailboxManager API addition

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Martin.Bergljung
<Martin.Bergljung@opsera.com> wrote:

<snip>

> About the event stuff:
>
> I want to be able to track how many users are concurrently logged in
at
> any one time.
> I then keep a record so system administrators can check the
utilization
> of the system
> and see that any license agreements are not broken.

ok

IMAP is a PITA. a single client typically open several connections
which they hold for as long as the client is open. many clients do not
issue LOGOUT commands. the specification insists that timeouts are set
high that network issues may not be picked up for 30 mins or more.

so, beware that "concurrent usage" is likely to be quite fuzzy...

- robert